Thursday, September 20, 2012

Slow but steady

Not making a ton of progress on things lately.  But there is still a tiny bit of slow and steady knitting going on.  Thing is...I've been having some wrist pain.  My outer left wrist to be exact.  I don't really know what's causing it, but it hurts.  Not a world ending amount of pain, but enough that I'm almost always aware of it.  I've been trying to limit the activities involving my wrist, which means less knitting than I'd like.  I'm thinking it might have more to do with the amount that I have to type for work and carrying the kids around (I carry them on my left side so that my right hand is free, and they aren't getting any lighter..lol), but knitting probably doesn't help the situation any.

I've been sticking to the strictly knitting projects, as in stockinette in the round or garter stitch flat (I move my left wrist more when I purl).  I've been going slower, and taking very frequent breaks.  It seems to be helping, so I'll keep going with that.  Of course, if it's not getting any better than this by mid next week, I'll make an appointment with my doctor to have it checked out. 

While I'm waiting for this pesky wrist pain to go away, I'm making some decent progress on a couple projects.  One of which, is Jacobs little blanket.  I know I only posted the picture of Jacob's blanket a few days ago, but I haven't knit as much as it seems in that time.  That picture was probably a week old when I posted last.



I really hope he loves it as much as I do.  It's coming along beautifully and it's so squishy soft.  Rachel's blanket will have to wait a while.  As much as the Comfy cotton is more flexible than most other cotton yarns I've used, it's still cotton, and that tends to make my wrists ache on a good day.  Let's try to keep insult from getting acquainted with injury, shall we?

I got the yarn I ordered, and I can't wait until I can really start it.  In the meantime, here's a picture of the yarn.  I think it's going to be adorable when it's done.  And I think she's going to love it.  She better....lol


I have more of the pink and cream, but that's already wound, and it just didn't look great with the other little skeins in the picture. 

Back to the wrist pain for a minute.  If anyone can think of anything that might help, I'd love to hear about it.  Here's what I'm feeling.  My left outer wrist, and it goes up my arm about half way on the outside.  The back of my hand, but only around my three outer fingers (pinky, ring and middle finger area), nothing towards the pointer or thumb.  It hurts when I do twisting movements like corkscrew or screwdriver type movements.  Any ideas?


xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment