Monday, March 8, 2010

Working on now...

Sooooo.... remember this?
 
GONE!!!  Didn't love knitting this..and when I say didn't love, I mean HATED.  It's my own fault though.  I was the one that thought all those cables would be SO pretty.  Don't get me wrong, I liked the way it looked, but it really started to feel like work.  Around the time that picture was taken, it was just no longer fun to knit.  I showed my mom The Aspen Wrap on Ravelry, that I wanted to work on for myself, and she loved it.  I've never knit anything more than once, so I hope it doesn't get too boring the second time around.  Can I tell you that the INSTANT I walked into my house, I went straight for the scarf and ripped.  Took out my yarn winder, and wound the yarn back into a wonderful little center pull cake, full of potential and possibilities.  :-)

This is what that wonderful little ball of yarn has turned into.  


I'm on the second skein now, and loving the way it's turning out.  Great pattern, and the woman who wrote it is really nice.  I had a question on the pattern and she got back to me right away.  Using size 9US needles and the same Cascade 220 Superwash in Ruby.

Finished Rachel's hat, she looks so cute in it!!



Finished with her Sweater too, it's a little big on her, and the cool weather is dying out, so hopefully we get a couple chilly days soon so she can wear it at least once.  If not, I'll just have to take it apart and make her a little dress!



Still working on this hat.  So far, so good.  When I get done with it, I'm going to pick up stitches along the bottom and knit another hat into it, making it a reversible hat.  Never made one of those before, so we'll see how it turns out.



I'm also working on The Chunky Alpaca Scarf from ravelry for a really great friend of mine.  I'm hoping she likes it.  It's totally a surprise.  I haven't told her that I have this blog yet, so I don't think I'll ruin the surprise by posting this pic.  Her birthday is April 9th so I want to finish it before then.  Shouldn't be an issue to finish on time, it's knitting up really fast.  Using size 11 needles and Peruvia Quick in Aquamarina.


 

Last but not least.  I'm working on a little dress for Rachel.  This is the Clara dress.  You have to buy it in a kit so I chose this color.  Seemed the most girly to me.  More on this later.


 
Really can't wait to see what this is going to look like on Rachel.  We're going to Miami to visit some family at the end of April, so I'm hoping to finish it by then.  Rachel is going to meet her Great Grandfather and I would love for her to look extra special.  That's it for now....

xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment